The New Terminator, or an Opportunity?

Sunday, November 8, 2009 at 4:46 AM
When hanging out with friends or coworkers, and discussing movies, the most commonly heard phrase by myself is:
"What? You haven't seen (insert movie title)?"
I'll admit that I am not as cinematically savvy as say, anyone. But I do have a habit of picking and choosing what I do watch very carefully. I don't follow directors or actors. I could care less actually. I want a good story, a good bard, to change the way I think. The ones that move me.
The same goes for music. I don't follow what bass player switched bands, or how many unreleased tracks made it onto the latest EP, I just appreciate the songs that make me think. The ones that move me in ways that are unexplainable.
Let me take it a step further and say that religions operate on a similar spectrum for me. I'll subscribe to various aspects of any given spirituality, and apply the parts that actually resonate with me. The parts that move me.
I speculate that the things in life that attract me, are the things that are important. At least, to me they are.
It's the basis of what I ironically call my "religion". My independent calling to a higher power. Something that's more important than myself. Isn't that what any idea of religion starts out as? An independently originated call to duty for something other than themselves?
The one, and only, rule of my personal religion is as follows.

Pursue your idea of perfection, and don't interfere or hinder with the pursuits of others.

So, I just watched a movie I didn't plan on watching. The latest in the "Terminator" movies. "Salvation"
It contained the needed explosions for a hit, of some sort. And while the robots were cool looking, although being nothing more than CG killing machines, there was an underlying message that was only touched on for a few scenes.
Not to give away too much, the plot is as follows.
Our hero, John Connor, is the leader of a faction of a resistance against mechanical overlords. In one scene, a faction that has higher authority over him demands he strike a machine base target. He flat refuses because there are innocent humans in the strike zone. He wants to rescue the humans, against the will of his director. For one reason.

Because people are not machines. We will not follow marching orders and accept collateral damages. We will not kill innocents when faced with the gravity of what that implies on our own consciousness. We will save each other when we can, because we all know what is the right course of action for ourselves, as individuals.

I look at the news, and I see more of the same atrocities of the W Bush administration. Because of people acting like robots.

"I'm just following orders." Doesn't fly anymore. Not today. Not when we all have access to a world wide web. Not when we all have access to the same information and informed decisions that implies. "Following Orders" is a concept for those who are "weak minded" as Obi-Wan Kenobi indicated.
To think for yourself, is to be knowledgeable in a great many things. As the world becomes more complicated, it becomes more important to remember that you are the only authority in your life.
Robots are becoming a more prevalent aspect of our lives. From the Boston Dynamics "Big Dog" videos on youtube,



to the same company's "Petman"



We are evermore surrounded by automated versions of supposed "security".

My words to the humans left in the field of military service is as follows.
Do not forget your humanity. You are trained to be killing machines for the "war against terror" all over the globe. That doesn't mean you are a machine. It means you are a part of a defensive mechanism, but you are still an individual. You can still think for yourself, and you can still come to your own conclusions. Don't become the robot of the military, be the individual aspects of your own patriotism. Protect what you hold dear, and nothing else.
If you hold your family dear, do not fight a people who your government tells you are the enemy. Fight those that tell you that your family is a threat to peace.

We are not robots. We are human.

On the 100th episode of the Corbett Report, I am quoted as saying, "The elite have not taken one thing into account, that being "the Human Component" the laws and orders being made all assume that we are robots that follow orders, but we are not. The "Human component" as I call it is random and cannot be isolated into a control grid. If people are killed en mass, then perhaps they have a chance, but I feel that due to the 100th Monkey Effect, free humanity shall emerge victorious."

You can listen to the full episode of Corbett Report Episode 100 at, http://www.corbettreport.com/mp3/episode100_100_signs_we_are_winning.mp3

You're not a robot, and neither am I. We know this. So no worries about the robot uprising, we're gonna be good to go. And robot uprising will be controlled by people, who are fallible.

I'm human, so are you. And so are those who wish to control us.

The future is random and chaotic. Welcome to the Information Underground. It's good to have you here, and you're among friends.

0 comments

Post a Comment